What You Should Expect from a Quality Painter!
- Your contractor is required to be licensed with The QBCC to quote and complete any painting work over $3300.
- Your painting contractor should inform you and collect a fee for the QBCC home Warranty scheme, this is mandatory for all work over $3300.
- They should have WorkCover for any employees as well as Public liability insurance for their business.
- Your contractor should state in their quote what preparation work they have allowed for, how many coats they will apply and what products they will use.
- They should also state if they have included access equipment if required (scaffold, scissor lift, cherry picker)
- When undertaking your job, they should cover all surfaces not being painted with either plastic film/sheets or cloth drop sheets.
- Handles and fittings should be removed where possible and re fitted on completion.
- The work area should be left neat and tidy every day and cleaned thoroughly on completion.